This is a moist chocolate cake recipe, it is a 3 layer cake with 2 layers of raspberry cream filling and topped with a chocolate raspberry butter cream icing. Are you salivating yet?
To make this cake use your favorite chocolate cake recipe or for the inexperienced baker just use 2 dark chocolate cake mixes.
- 8 medium eggs
- 2 cups cold water
- 2/3 cup oil
- Mix on medium speed until well blended, scrape bowl, mix for 1 more minute.
- Pour in equal portions into 3 (10×2 inch baking pans).
- Bake at 350 degree preheated oven for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until done. Cool on rack, remove from pans, level cakes by cutting off rounded tops.
- Purchase a good fruitful raspberry pastry filling (H&H) is the best, place about 1 pound of filling in a bowl and add whip cream to it (whip the cream first) now fold them together until you reach the desired flavor and thickness (don’t make it too thin).
- Use any chocolate butter cream recipe that you like and add to the icing (black raspberry extract) until you reach the desired flavor (if you make the icing too thin just add some more 10x sugar).
- On the bottom layer put a dam of icing around the edge and your filling in the center and smooth to level, repeat for 2nd and 3rd layer, decorate as in picture, use shaved chocolate or chocolate jimmies in center of the top.