The Best Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
Mushrooms are some of the most versatile foods that you can prepare in so many ways.
Besides, there are tons of health benefits associated with mushrooms, including the supply of vitamin B, riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid.
Besides all these, mushrooms are great for the digestive system and an excellent choice for vegan and keto diets.
If you want a more exciting way to prepare your mushroom dishes, try out stuffed mushroom recipes.
Below are our top best vegan stuffed mushrooms recipes to try out.
Note: This article includes affiliate links!
The Best Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
1 – Baked Classic Italian Stuffed Mushrooms ~ The Best Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
This recipe is full of unique ingredients and then baked at the right temperatures to perfection.
It is a great dish to prepare for your guests during the Christmas holidays.
- 10 large fresh organic white button mushrooms
- 1 cup organic Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan butter spread
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/3 tablespoon parsley thinly sliced
- 1/3 tablespoon basil
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, or extra virgin oil, divided
- A handful of fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven at 360 degrees F
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Clean your mushrooms by removing dirt with a clean kitchen towel
- Remove the stems, dice them in pieces, and set aside
- In a bowl, add breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, vegan parmesan and mix well
- Then in a large pan, heat your butter under high heat
- Add the breadcrumbs mixture to the butter, plus 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, and stir
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until everything crumps and turns golden brown
- Remove from the pot and set aside
- In the same pan, add in your mushroom stems to cook with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil until golden brown
- Mix them with the fried breadcrumbs and stir the ingredients for a minute and then switch off the heat
- Get your mushrooms and stuff them with the breadcrumbs fillings to your preferred level as you press gently with a spoon for even filling. Stuff as you arrange them on the baking tray and do not clutter them together
- Then drizzle the remaining avocado oil on top of the stuffed mushrooms, followed by vegan parmesan cheese
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the parsley, and serve
2 – Rice Stuffed Vegan Mushrooms ~ The Best Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
This is one of the best vegan mushroom stuffed dishes to make as it has all-around ingredients.
The meal is full of nutrients, and you can serve it a complete meal, maybe during lunch or dinner.
- 2 cups white button mushrooms or baby Portobello
- 1/2 cup black or brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts crushed
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to season
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F:
- Clean the mushroom by brushing off dirt using a clean kitchen towel until clean
- Add the vegetable stock in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Then add your rice, reduce heat, and cook until all vegetable stock dries up. NB: you can taste to make sure the rice is well cooked to your preference. If not, add a little water to cook well.
- Put the walnuts in a baking tray and toast them in the oven for around 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the toasted walnuts, olive oil, vegan parmesan cheese, and garlic to the rice. Season as required and stir everything well
- Put your mushroom first in the oven to bake for about 5 minutes. This helps them harden a bit for comfortably holding the stuffing and preventing the rice from becoming crispy.
- Remove from the oven and add your stuffing respectively, top with parmesan cheese, and put to the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes; or until you see the cheese turning golden brown
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
These are two amazing vegan stuffed mushroom recipes you can prepare for your family. The recipes are full of nutrients and will not take hours to prepare. And of course, they are good to serve for a lunch or dinner meal.
Want More Vegan Recipes Meals?
Veganism is a concept that deals with abstaining from the consumption of animal-based products such as milk, eggs, and meat. Vegans follow a strict vegetarian diet minus dairy products. Vegans are only allowed to consume vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
Now you might think that this does not sound like an ideal diet for athletes to follow, as most of them rely on animal protein like meats and eggs to develop a strong body. However, the world of veganism can offer several superfoods that are not only great to develop a strong body but also capable of increasing an athlete’s vitality.
If you are a vegan athlete, then you have come to the right place, as we will look at 7 such superfoods that can be incorporated into your daily diet.